Monday, December 19, 2011

Would Batman's cape work in real life as a glider?

So, I was playing the new Batman game (it is very good to all you gamers out their, made with the Gears of War engine A.K.A. Unreal) and i wondered if Batman would really be able to fly. I wouldn't of ever thought it would work, but then I saw the resemblance to Da Vinci's glider and Batman's cape while he's flting and thought "Maybe this is possible,". So, if you had some experience with hang gliders and the proper materials, would this be possible?|||One of the extra materials on Batman Begins' DVD describes Batman's memory cloth, and they show a footage of experts using the glider similar to that to glide from a cliff and it looked it could work to me.|||There's actually been a tv show (I think it was on the history channel) that went through all of Batman's toys and talked about if they were actually plausible or not. If I remember correctly than the cape could actually be used in real life because it doesn't make him fly it just makes him glide.|||I would think that it would work as a glider if it was somehow stablized with something, like a glider is.

No comments:

Post a Comment